The Mission of the Friends of Fintry Provincial Park Society is to create an environment that allows park visitors and participants to engage in recreational and educational opportunities that develop a greater understanding of their heritage, the lifestyles of their forebears, the household and farming practices, and the skills and knowledge that sustained them.
To assist with the management of the cultural and historic resources of Fintry Provincial Park in cooperation with BC Parks.
To preserve, maintain and restore projects for the education of the public and to further the vision of the Society.
To assist in preserving and restoring cultural features, facilities and practices of the Fintry Estate.
We offer authentic and transformative experiences for visitors and participants in an environmental and socially sustainable manner for future generations.
The Friends of Fintry Society:
- Created a Fairbridge Reference Library dedicated to the site and agriculture in general;
- Returned the sundial pedestal to its original location and added a replacement sundial;
- Is constantly adding to the collections that re-furnish the Manor House and provide a background representing the way of life of the British landed gentry;
- Offers field trips and in-class presentations for local schools and special-interest groups; ([email protected] for more information)
- Offers guided tours of the Manor House and the octagonal barn during the summer months;
- Work in partnership with BC Parks and the Regional District of Central Okanagan to upgrade and maintain the historical buildings on the site.